This SCCA-ITS prepared 1970 240Z has been sitting in a climate-controlled basement for several years. I stumbled across it through a friend of a friend. The previous owner raced it in the SCCA, ITS class in the late 90’s - 2000’s. He put a bunch of money and time into a new motor, prepared the car, ran one event and parked it. Life got in the way. I bought it with the intention of racing it but my wife has other ideas…
Even though the car has been sitting for a while it was very easy to start. I put fresh gas in the tank, cleaned the float-bowls, put a battery in it, and turned it on. The fuel pump primed the system, I pushed the button and vroom! The previous owner is a pilot so the car was only ever run on aviation fuel, I think that’s why it was so easy to start. The aviation fuel is very clean and leaves little residue so the lines, carbs and tank are clean. I don’t know as many details as I should about the motor specs but what I do know is it purrs like a kitten. Everything that has been done to modify the motor was done to the very limits of the ITS class but it was legal at the time when he parked it. I have the old SCCA logbooks.
When the car was built, it was taken down to the shell and acid dipped. They put a cage in it, primed and painted inside, outside and under. There are some minor repairs and welds done at the time the race car was built. Everything is straight and flat under the car. All of the hoses and fittings are -10 and -6 “Aeroquip” brand AN fittings.
Obviously there are some bumps and bruises on the car because it is after all a racecar.
- 1970 240Z vin # HLS30-02347
- Roll cage with NASCAR bar on the driver’s side
- Aluminum seat
- Detachable steering wheel
- 3 welded differentials each with a different gear ratio (336,???,???)
- Spare 4 speed trans
- Battery kill switch
- Rebuilt SU round tops
- 3 into 2 coated header
- Aircraft style oil cooler, adapter, and remote filter, -10 Aeroquip fittings and lines
- Wide body oil pan
- Fuel Cell, Holley “Red” fuel pump and regulator, Fram HPG-1 remote filter, -6 Aeroquip
- Brake ducts to calipers and rotors
- Ballast box with lead ballast installed.
- Spare half shafts and drive shaft, bearings, u-joints, fasteners, etc.
- Lots of extra parts and pieces; electrical, gaskets, mounts, brakes, engine parts, transmission parts…
- Spare good motor that was run before they built the one in it, very clean, fully assembled ready to go
- 2 sets of “Panasport” 14” wheels
- E46 intake
- E88 intake
- Pit crew headset, and driver’s helmet mounted earpiece with quick connect fittings, Motorola brand
I’m asking $6,000 as is, no delivery. The car runs and drives great and is a good car for someone who is getting into SCCA racing or just doing HPDE’s. I own a 1975 280Z and it is a blast! on the track. You can text, email or call me with questions and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge.
919-641-2242 text is best
See the link below for lots of pics, I also attached a video of