Aston Martin Vanquish..What the Z should have look - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Aston Martin Vanquish..What the Z should have look

I was checking out the Astonmartin.com site, after reading an article on the new Vanquish, and pointed out to my wife that this was the latest Z concept design that nissan has chosen over the copper concept, and her response was "Now thats more like it!, they should have come up with that design in the first place, I really think this would be the one, I would tone down the front grill a little" the headlights are perfect" she said, little did she know I was pointing out to the Vanquish, that when I told her the truth she got very dissapointed and said "Now why couldnt they make the Z look like that?, those people stole the FRONT END LOOK of what the new Z should have looked like" I couldnt agree more. Its ok for such a prestigious car maker from England to have a retro look on their cars, but yet its not ok for Nissan to put out a retro Z? I just dont get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 07:03 AM
joe

Funny, I said the same thing....

I agree with you 100%. Time to start saving.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 09:39 AM

RE: Funny, I said the same thing....

Your right i don't get it. The original z was wldly popular because it was a blatant 2/3 scale copy of a e-Type and the 250gto. Why couldn't they have just done that??? It would have been simple and looked great. Who cares If they copy something else? Some guy's say" look they copied the Celica and the TT can't they be original?" That's not the real issue. the real issue is they copied the wrong cars. Copying the DB7/ vanquish would have been much better (it even can be had with an "archaic strt 6!" or working in some details from the gorgeous ferrari 456. That car put Ferrari back on the front page people where sick of those silly mid engine ugly winged things (exotic and fast for sure but they said WOW in a big way, they aren't pretty. Personally unless they clean this up alot I'll be bying a 2yold BMW instead. Which is pretty sad considering I've owned a z for 17yrs. I don't think anybody really loves this thing. icould be swayed if I saw it in a better color like silver or black maybe. some cars really look different with paint changes. That and they had better keep the wieght to 3000-31000 or it's done for.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 10:17 AM

RE: Aston Martin Vanquish..What the Z should have

No @!#$, well the Aston Marin DB-7 which is a superchaged inline 6 is the same as the Aston Martin Vantage which uses a V-12. Both cars are freakin beautiful. Though they're body styling is almost identical to the Jaguar XK8 cars. Which isnt surpising when you consider that Ford owns both Aston Martin and Jaguar. Only thing un-Z like about theses cars i the size. If you ever seen one in real life they're fairly large cars. Well that and the inline 6 DB-7 starts at around 128,000 and the Jaguar XK8 is around $74,000. But all in all this is the true modern interpritation of the Z car. With enough new styling to look like a '01 Model yet enough classic lines to apeal to the 240-Z.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 10:19 AM

RE: Funny, I said the same thing....

Well the DB-7s inline 6 has about as much in common with the L28 as a musket has with an M-60 machine gun. The DB-7 is powered by a twin cam 4 valve per cylinder 6 cylinder with a super chargered strapped to the side. But i'd rather have the V-12.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 10:55 AM

I think the high price for Aston Martins comes from the fact that they are all hand built, sheet metal is still pounded and shaped by hand even.

Cool cars, but I wouldnt buy one.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Tyson, you couldnt even dream of owning one for that matter, they are way out of your price range, and besides who told you they were hand built? these are Ford cars! the price tag on them is because of the superior european styling, overall performance, and of course the prestigious name. The same way you would pay for an original Polo Shirt vs. your Kmart shirts you wear. These cars are aimed at the Elite smart powerful, successful grown up men around the world, not 16-18 yr old American kids (not mentioning any names) for your info the only handbuilt cars are the exotic cars like Lambo, some Ferrari's and some built in limited numbers like the Jaguar XJ220.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 10:36 AM

Even though I know your post will be deleted for obvious reasons. I will still write this...

And I quote from the astonmartin.com webpage (click menu, then "the company" then "craftsmanship")

"Every Aston Martin is hand built by men and whomen who care. Their dedication is in the detail, and the very senses that craft and hone every Aston Martin - sight, feel and touch."

Oh and by the way, your childish insults do not make me mad, they make me laugh, I enjoy reading them and I do hope you keep posting them.

- Tyson
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 11:35 AM

Ummmm for your infomation the Aston Martins are ALL built by hand, they all have alumium bodys that are hand formed. Share little to nothing in common with Ford other then being owned by them. In fact it wasnt until 95 or 96 that Ford even did anything with Jaguar. If wana be technical Ford owns Volvo, and Volvo Owns/Owned part of Mitsubusi but i doubt the new Eclipse shares anything incommong with a S70 or a Mustang.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2001, 11:46 AM

THere are American hand built cars too. Panoz builds several cars using Ford 351s and would eat your 300ZXTT for lunch, as well as De Tomaso of Italy (the guys who built the Pantera in the 70s) are making a come back again using Ford parts to create an Itialian bodied car with the reliabilty, performance, and parts aviablity of Ford.

Further more your notion of paying more for 'exotic' is abusurd. Give me a 1 of a few million assembly line produced Yamaha R1 for around $10,500 and i'll run circles and dog bikes costing twice as much being produced by Ducati and Moto Guzzi as well as have a bike that dosnt eat timeing chains and leak oil all over the drive way. Why pay 20,000+ for a Motor Guzzi that cant out run, out handle, or out perform a mass produced bike costing half as much? Seems pretty stupid to me. **** the fastest production bike is the mass produced Hybusa, followed in 2nd by the mass produced Kawasaki Ninja 12R and both of theses bikes can be had for under $14,500. And they're the fastest production ones in the world.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page