Electric 2000GT Did you see this TONY - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
ZCar.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Electric 2000GT Did you see this TONY

Why the Crazy Car Project? We’re not quite sure, though it appears this electric 2000GT SEV is “crazy” because of the sounds it makes. While electric cars typically run virtually silently, this one’s programmed to produce a variety of sounds, including that of a rocket, an airplane and a galloping horse (?!), according to the PR.

Led by the Toyota Automobile Association, the project involves the conversion of a classic 2000GT — which made its debut in 1967 and is billed as Japan’s “first full-blown sports car” — into, it seems, an earth-friendly ride that appeals to a younger generation not as turned on by cars as older folks apparently are. The concept vehicle will be on display during this weekend’s 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon.

The Crazy Car Project people don’t provide any details (not in English, anyway) on how far the car can travel on its lithium-ion batteries, which are charged by solar panels artfully incorporated into the hood. A rather poor translation on the website, though, does say the converted classic is a “genuine future-car, which people could enjoy driving with achieving ultimate zero missions” (which sounds rather James Bond-ish).

Only 337 of the original 2000GTs were ever produced, with one making an appearance in the 1967 James Bond film, “You Only Live Twice.” It’s likely we’ll see only one example of the “crazy” 2000GT SEV.
http://www.greenbang.com/its-a-james...ect_21212.html

MOTOR CITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2q-k4X_H9o

black gold man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Electric 2000GT Did you see this TONY

Yes, took photos, as well.
I thought it was on the chassis replicas over in the automotive college section (near the Scion bB pickup truck...) but am now shocked as a guy on FB posted the article about it's debut and it says they used an original...

You can buy a nice replica god 8,800,000¥

Canadians don't get it. Period. End of discussion.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

If I didn't have such a **** of a time getting my flight back to LAX I would have had the clarity to fly NRT-DTW and attended the Detroit Auto Show ON THE SAME SATURDAY I ATTENDED THE TOKYO AUTO SHOW!!!

I arrived in LA 7 hours before I left. I would have been in Detroit 10 hours before I left, leaving the whole day to see that show as well (all while getting paid..sux to be me, huh?)

Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1384141702001/

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/13...roit-auto-show

Old 01-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5euR7Q-igz8&feature=player_embedded#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NRKv...eature=related

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/01/15...ar-powered-ev/

Old 01-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

I remember reading about this guy back in the mid 80's. Turns out he died in his shop in 1989 at the age of 64 in perfect health. Mysterious circumstance death seems uncommonly high amongst those who have ideas that would shatter status quo.

A California inventor has found a way to create limitless electric power without using up fuel --- potentially the greatest discovery in the history of mankind.

Edwin Gray Sr., 48, has fashioned working devices that could:

Power every auto, train, truck, boat and plane that moves in this land --- perpetually.

Warm, cool and service every American home --- without erecting a single transmission line.

Feed limitless energy into the nation's mighty industrial system --- forever.

And do it all without creating a single iota of pollution.

Already, the jovial, self-educated Gray is forcing scientists to uproot their most cherished beliefs about the nature of electromagnetism.

Eventually, his discovery will transform the economic base upon which the society of the entire planet has rested up to this point.

Despite the ever-present danger from the petroleum and other power giants who face business extinction within the decade because of his invention, Gray and his associates in EvGray Enterprises have demonstrated its worth publicly --- an act requiring great courage.

And Tattler is proud to report for the first time in America the complete nature of gray's astounding system.

Displaying the kind of open honesty that made America great, Gray and his partners stress the fact that they want the whole world to benefit from their new technology.

"I won't allow it to be bought up and buried by big money interests", Gray told Tattler during the exclusive demonstration.

"I tried for 10 years to get American interests to pay some attention, but I've been tossed out of more places than most people ever think of going into."

Neither government agencies nor private enterprise would listen to Gray, so he turned in frustration to foreign interests. The innovative Japanese were eager to listen.

"As soon as word got out that the Japanese were interested in what we're doing, the Americans started flocking around."

Today, the small shop facility in Van Nuys is crawling with visitors from every segment of US industry and finance.

"The big money boys from Wall Street started coming around", Gray said with a touch of defiance in his tone.

"A bunch of them came in and suggested I file bankruptcy and get rid of all my backers and friends. Then they talked about giving me 20 million shares of a new corporation at $25 a share."

Gray was being offered a deal worth more than $4 billion --- on paper.

"That sure sounded rich, but I know darn well they would have fixed it up to sell that corporation off somewhere for a dollar and leave me holding 20 million shares of nothing."

The key men at EvGray include Richard B. Hackenberger, an electronics engineer who formerly worked for Sony and Sylvania corporations and the US Navy; and Fritz Lens, a former Volkswagen mechanic who knows nearly as much about the fantastic electrical system as Gray.

All the corporate officers agreed that they are determined to get around the money roadblocks and bestow the discovery upon the world.

Tattler was given a thorough demonstration of Gray's "impossible-but-true" methods for using electricity.

The first demonstration proved that Gray uses a totally different form of electrical current --- a powerful, but "cold" form of the energy.

A 6-volt car battery rested on a table. Lead wires ran from the battery to a series of capacitors which are the key to Gray's discovery. The complete system was wired to two electromagnets, each weighing a pound and a quarter.

"Now, if you tried to charge those two magnets with juice form that battery and make them do what I'm going to make them do, you would drain the battery in 30 minutes and the magnets would get extremely hot", Gray explained.

"I want you to watch what happens."

As Lens activated the battery, a voltmeter gradually rose to 3,000 volts, At that point, Gray closed a switch and there was a loud popping sound. The top magnet hurled into the air with tremendous force and was caught by Hackenberger. A terrific jolt of electricity had propelled the top magnet more than two feet into the air --- but the magnet remained cold.

"The amazing thing", Hackenberger said, "is that only 1% of the energy was used --- 99% went back into the battery."

Gray explained, "The battery can last for a long time, because most of the energy returns to it. The secret to this is in the capacitors and in being able to split the positive."

When Gray said "split the positive", the faces of two knowledgeable physicists screwed up in bewilderment. Normally, electricity consists of positive and negative particles. But Gray's system is capable of using one or the other separately and effectively.

"He means we have to rewrite the physics textbooks", Hackenberger grinned. It has been the engineer's job in recent months to formulate gray's system and put it into writing.

"That's not an easy job because this system actually defies everything I've ever learned."

Gray said, "I never had no schooling in electronics or physics, so nobody told me it was impossible."

The "impossible" part of the demonstration was the lack of heat generated in the magnet. Heat is one of the biggest problems faced by electrical technology. Also "impossible" is the fact that only the "positive" nature of the energy was used.

"This thing is in its infancy", Gray explained. "When the full potential of American technology starts working with it, the results will astound everyone."

A further proof that he has an unusual source of power with unlimited potential was demonstrated next.

"We've been popping those magnets apart for the past 18 months with the same battery and it's still got a full charge. Now I want you to watch this…"

Gray showed this Tattler reporter a small 15-amp motorcycle battery. It was hooked up to a pair of his capacitors which in turn were hooked up to a panel of outlets.

He flicked a switch and the tiny battery sent a charge into the capacitors. He then plugged in six 15-watt electric bulbs on individual cords --- and a 110-volt portable television set and two radios. The bulbs burned brightly, the television played, and both radios blared --- and yet, the small battery was not discharging.

"You couldn't get all this current out of that battery under ordinary circumstances", Gray said.

"This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen!" exclaimed C.V. Wood Jr, president of the McCulloch Oil Corporation, who was also present at the demonstration. He began looking for hidden outlets from the wall.

"May I prove it doesn't come from any wall plug?" Gray offered.

A 40-watt light bulb screwed into an ordinary extension socket was plugged into the panel powered by gray's system. The bulb lit, then Gray dropped it into a cylinder filled with water.

"What would be happening if this was getting ordinary power right now?" Gray asked, as he stuck his hand in the water with the glowing light bulb.

"You'd be electrocuted and that thing would be popping and sputtering until the fuses blew", Wood replied.

This reporter then put his finger into the water with the light --- no shock.

"Gentlemen, this is a new manifestation of electricity", Hackenberger said.

The engineer told the astounded onlookers that no laws of physics were being violated, but a new application of electricity has been discovered and put to work.

Gray, one of 14 children, comes from Washington DC. As a small boy, he was fascinated by electricity, magnets, and gadgets in general.

"I really got excited about electricity when they tested the first radar across the Potomac in 1936. I was 11 years old then and visions of buck Rogers danced in my head."

He learned about radar during his World War II hitch in the Navy and "I've been messing around with coils and capacitors ever since".

He learned to "split the positive" in 1958 and spent the next dozen years finding the funds to put his discovery to work.

Any abbreviated explanation of Gray's system is an over-simplification of the technical aspects of this tremendous breakthrough, but some of the best minds in the US are now working with Gray to further improve his discovery.

Gray held the 40-watt bulb up out of the water and said: " You know, to light this bulb takes millions of dollars in power plant facilities, transmission lines, and circuitry. With my capacitors, I can provide power to any home for a couple hundred dollars."

The economic impact of that statement is beyond the imagination --- not to mention the ecology and anti-pollution benefits.
maxxaction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

[img]
"Camaro meets BMW 1 Series or modern Datsun 510. Whatever, it works.”
And they are talking DATSUN.

http://blogs.motortrend.com/2012-det...#ixzz1jmbCyQke

I think it would look good with 510 front on there.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jaket2k9

Notta 510, more like a new cavalier! I do like this 510 concept. http://www.datsunnissandrivers.com/u...n/neo510-1.jpg
Old 01-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Old 01-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

As much as it is retro, Nissan just won't do it with the jellybean students in the design studios. Not for export at least.
They have nice retro stuff like the Be-1 or Pao... but it's all domestic consumption.

32KM/L.... That's decent mileage! But not available here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.