Screw hybrids, why not ride? - Page 6 - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
ZCar.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 03:55 AM   #51 (permalink)

Default Re: Screw hybrids, why not ride?

"If you've got at lead food in cars, then a bike is just a crazy option because you cant help but speed" when you see one of your best freinds spill her brains out onto the trunk of a car of a un-licensed, un-insured, illegal alien who cut her off when she was doing speed limit, it kinda makes you wonder if you should go speed limit or go slower...

1981 n/a 280zx---sold
1952 m38a1 jeep willy's
1971 fairlady 240z--sold/getting restored
95 300zx N/A--totaled
72 240z--sold/getting turbo swap
92 300zx-- daily driver
87 300zx-- getting a turbo swap
86 300zx -part
hoov100 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 04:06 AM   #52 (permalink)

Yeah well that's sad that happend to someone you know, but you could say the same thing about just about any situation. You could be doing the speed limit on a bike and crash and end up just as bad, they're very dangerous period. At least in a car you have a ton of metal surrounding you, in a bike you've got nothing but the road to cushion your fall. And then if it's dark you're very likely to get run over by passing motorists.

I had a friend who was set to play AFL professionally (Aussie football) but the idiot got on his bike wearing shorts and stacked it and screwed up both his knees and his football career was over. It was his own stupid fault, but bikes are just way dangerous period.

300zxt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2006, 04:12 AM   #53 (permalink)

the bikes themselves arent a problem, its the idiots who ride the bikes and expect to be good at riding them, also the idiots who dont pay attention to driving, my way of dealing with it,
"ride like everyone around you is out to get you"

1981 n/a 280zx---sold
1952 m38a1 jeep willy's
1971 fairlady 240z--sold/getting restored
95 300zx N/A--totaled
72 240z--sold/getting turbo swap
92 300zx-- daily driver
87 300zx-- getting a turbo swap
86 300zx -part
hoov100 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2006, 04:25 AM   #54 (permalink)

Ask every single motorbike rider you know, professional or not... They've all came off at least once I garuntee it!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:49 AM   #55 (permalink)

A good reason why not to ride a bike?
The old saying of "don't bring a knife to a gunfight" is reason enough.
Riding a bike in urban traffic is hazardous.
A month in the hospital and a year of therapy quickly makes the argument against any "savings" of a few gallons of gas.

If you like a sporty and more dangerous ride and care less about your appearance at your destination and can save a few bucks, then get a bike.

If you need a comfortable reliable all-weather ride that is flexible enough to also carry people and/or cargo, then get an SUV.

The funny thing is that most "green" leaders in the U.S. use private jets and SUV motorcades to shuttle between their expansive air conditioned homes. Hypocrites.

"...Always with the Corvair, rants about volumetric eff, adiabatic this and gearing that,lecture about thermostats, Z cars should be turning 4k rpm at highway cruising, everyone is an idiot and revel in your omnipotence. ..geez, its about having fun with
Hybrid77Z is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2006, 10:16 AM   #56 (permalink)

THE Tractor Driving Babe Magnet From Siberia
Never accept imitations. There is only one and that is the trueY0RGO
ME Y0RGO, YOU NOT...
y0rgo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2006, 10:49 AM   #57 (permalink)

The real problem I'm already seeing is the increase in motorcycle accidents around the area.

As stated the gas mpg difference isn't normally much and there are soo many inconviences' it's very hard to justify.

But back to my point, people are buying bikes to save gas, but many of them have NO experience and do not get the endorsement even. Newbies on bikes in traffic = bad, lots of times death even at low speeds.

I love to ride, but quite 10 years ago, once traffic started getting heavier and it became no fun, more time just holding the bike up than riding. Now with a family the responsibilities just do not allow it, even though I could die at any time, that's just one more risk that i can choose not to take.

Matt
Matt 78Z is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #58 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Dan Baldwin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2006, 11:17 AM   #59 (permalink)

Old 08-31-2006, 11:38 AM   #60 (permalink)
DMS

I got one of those for 14bux @ target for my daughter...

DMS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.