a friend died the other night - Page 2 - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
ZCar.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 03:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: a friend died the other night

Sorry for the other post Elaine, but I am really edgy right now for exactly these reasons. People need to take respnsibility for their actions. Things can seem trivial at the moment and sometimes we, the perpretrator, feel slighted by our own actions. But, when someone gets hurt or killed, it's a whole other matter. Messing around with things like insurance, drivers licences and skirting around the law (I'm not talking about the MAN) are very serious to innocent victims. I'm not saying that I've never done anything wrong, but we all need to take care of one another in this great country of ours.

Post Edited (Feb 18, 12:13pm)
gizmo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2004, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

I absolutely believe in accountability when a person is Guilty. I have paid my share. I do not drink and drive....I abhor those that do.

ElaineZ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 03:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default No Subject

Post Edited (May 15, 8:23pm)
PLEASE NOTE: This posting from this ex-member (and thief) James Burgess of Uniontown, PA, better known as - ZMEFLY - AKA: JayZ240, 280zxtacy, KatayamaZ, Yutakaz, Delta Dawn Engle Smith, toysrus17f, toysrus19f, and Bugerlips has been deleted or edited to
zmefly is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well here are my best friends i have ever had , the one that didnt die i didnt know that well. Why alcohol is legal i will never know, but even then marijuanna which i dont think is something that causes accidents is, its still around.

Post Edited (Feb 18, 12:59pm)
73' 240z 270/280 460 lift cam-haltec f9 programable fuel injection-crane adjustable timing ignition-grand prix supercharged injectors and 74mm tb-scca roll-cage-ported n42-ported custom intake-lowered-front&rear strut bars-stiffened frame-fender flare
mescalindreamz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 04:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

You know...Ive heard that too....Its all the cops fault!! Where that mentality comes from I have no clue!

ElaineZ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

There should be a manditory 16-21 year old driver restraint device that won't allow the car to start without it in place. This device would be manditory for all 16-21 year olds and would result in a large fine if not in use (disabled) or not present. I think NASCAR has the right idea with intake restrictor plates, to keep speeds down to 65 mph. All of this stuff would be paid for by the new driver in order to partake of the privelage of driving.

I no longer have the black bumperless 78 with the ZX drivetrain.

ckelly78z is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

the girl was driving her 2000 vw jette, she is a soph in high school. her rents put up the house to provide bail. this girl is out of control, she just got back from drug rehab a few months ago and at every party i have see her at she is out of control drunk. the other 2 were no angels either. the whole thing is terrible, every life there ruined by the decisons made. my view of her tainted my view of all young drivers, i know there are some real dumba$$es out there in their later years and some really good 16 year old drivers. the funeral was today, i just pray for the families involved.

Post Edited (Feb 18, 4:24pm)
bama16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 09:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

I lost my best friend when i was 17, last year, to a freak plane crash. I had no one to blame or to seek revenge against. But if a drunk driver had killed him and survived, only God himself could stop me from...

Long live the Z...
zlover57 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 09:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default No Subject

Post Edited (May 15, 8:21pm)
PLEASE NOTE: This posting from this ex-member (and thief) James Burgess of Uniontown, PA, better known as - ZMEFLY - AKA: JayZ240, 280zxtacy, KatayamaZ, Yutakaz, Delta Dawn Engle Smith, toysrus17f, toysrus19f, and Bugerlips has been deleted or edited to
zmefly is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

i do agree with accountability....but how much accountability does she have?who bought the beer/weed?who knew she drove reckelessly and said nothing?everyone knows drivers ed is a joke....or simply not eneough.what do we do about it?what if she ws told to go faster and faster....should she be totally accountable?did somthing happen to her as a child to make her so wild?----things are not always so black and white as just "she was driving shes guilty"-----if i were on her jury i would be very open minded and i would be capable of showing extreme mercy....even if elaine sped and killed someone i could show mercy...but maybe not since she has a history of it without learning...should i throw the book at you elaine?dont get me wrong...it the worse case scenario i could give her the death sentence.......i would just hope if anyone here ever sits on a jury it will at least be in them to show compassion when possible.

an old gray man with a dog asleep at his feet plays an wore out fiddle full of melodies...
wolf88 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.