ZCar Forum banner

300ZX alarm system

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  zazupilot 
#1 ·
Will a battery that is going bad, trigger the alarm to go off? My 93 300ZX has just started having this problem. I've noticed the battery dash light is extremely dim when cranking. Could this cause alarm to go off. Security light is off when this happens.

#2 ·
Yes it could.....weird things can happen when the battery is low. But first, disconnect your alarm pin switch. Often over time that goes bad and can cause issues. When disconnected - system thinks all is OK.

My switch was totally removed years ago to clean up the bay...

#5 ·
300zx alarm system

It did not work. But, discovered bottom of bezel around radio had popped out. I pushed it back in an the security system started working correctly. I had changed radios in May. Went to a double din unit with back up camera and new bezel. Had forgotten about the push pin switch located at bottom of bezel. When bezel popped out, must have partially triped that pin.

#6 ·
Interesting, thx for posting. My Z doesn't have that switch - wonder which years had it? What year is your Z?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.