ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will a 1990 300zx TT rims fit on a 1995 300zx coupe

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  JT240Z 
#1 ·
HI Gang
Im knew to Z World but have always wanted one. I starting my Z adventure like you guys I know I have alot to learn. I must learn to crawl before I walk in the journey thru Z land. I have plenty of time and have a strong mechanical background.
I forgot to say both vehicles were coupes. Will the tire change create any additional headaches.

#4 ·
The rims will fit... but why would you want to fit just the rim? Might be a bit hard as they are 1 piece "wheels"... but go ahead, to each his own.

#5 ·
The chassis/suspension geometry is the same on all Z's from 90 on up, as far as wheels/spacing goes. Meaning, wheels from any z32 are interchangeable with any other z32.

Plus, the same wheels were used on all 300zx's from 90-up.

The wheels came in either chrome or silver, in the following configuration:

Non turbo: 16x7.5 on all 4
Twin Turbo: 16x7.5 front, 16x8.5 rear (staggered)

Only thing you need to be aware of is that the wheels are directional, n/a wheels will have L and R wheels (since they're all 7.5's), and TT's will have FL, FR, RL, and RR wheels (since they're directional AND staggered), keep this in mind when you think about having them rotated. Also obviously, Twin turbo front wheels = non turbo front or rear wheels. It's also a common "upgrade" to find a set of four TT rear wheels, and run 8.5's on all four corners.

Hope this helps

#6 ·
Come on Kandy, sarcasm never works in writing. Give the guy a break. He's just looking to learn.

The “no” answer provided by Kandy is incorrect. In fact the TT rears can be used all around on any Z32. The wheels are specific to each side of the car though so keep that in mind. Just look at the spokes on the stock wheels and you'll see what I mean.

#8 ·
He added the "Will the tire change create any additional headaches?" part after my post. I was going by the original title that asked:

Will a 1990 300zx TT rims fit on a 1995 300zx coupe

Based on that the answer of simply "no" was misleading.

#17 ·
MrPulldown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess bottom line for our buddy Playball is any
> z32 wheel, on any year, any model. Keep track of
> right and left.
>
> I should know i have 11 OEM Z32 wheels now.
Ive got 4 more oem wheels, want em?

#18 ·
Thanks but no thanks. Between the three cars and winter /summer tires, you should see the stack of wheel/tires I have around my house. Looks like a NASCAR pit.

I had 4 TT's(8.5) and 3 NAs(7.5). I wanted one more NA so that I could run full NA wheels. Finding one wheel was kindda a PITA. But a deal popped up 4 for 150. So I jumpped on it. This way I could at least still carry a full size spare and not have it be a 245.

Anyway Kandy you live too far away.

#20 ·
I have heard the the well for a 2+2 is larger, that is why the coupe needs a spare tire inflator. Full size fits fine in mine. I did have to fab a longer hold down bolt to secure it.

But... Ballistic seem to have had one in his cargo area when he was out in Reno.
[attachment 7514 CargoHold.jpg]
[attachment 7515 YosGear.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.