ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

240sx or 300zx n/a or 300zx TT???? HELP!!

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tozzz 
#1 ·
I have been interisted in one of these cars for a bit now but haven't really found out too much info on these cars. I was originally looking to buy a 300TT but then I started hearing good things about the 300N/A and then 240sx. Could anyone please tell me the major differences betweens these. Also the 300zx's that i am refering to are 1990's nothing eariler nothing older just 1990. I really apperciate the help guys. Also what kind of price ranges should i pay up to for stock 300zx's TT's and N/A? thanks again

#2 ·
depends on what you want your car to do. a twin turbo Z when properly tuned can run with anything on the street.if you plan to drag race,this is your car.
a 240sx isnt all that fast,but its very reliable,lightweight,a fun car.add a turbo and its a world beater.the 240 makes the average driver into a great driver.
a NA 300Z is stout ,reliable,fast,but nowhere the road demon that the 300zx is...but is lighter weight and evil in the twisties and allows a good driver to be competitive with much faster cars at wreck and die speeds.

#3 ·
As of now i am not too sure what i want to do once i buy either of these cars. I would like a car with that extra "punch". Basically i just wanted to know the main differences between stock 300 n/a and TT. Also whats with the 240sx? why are people saying those things are great? and ballisitic thanks for the reply. I apperciate it.

#4 ·
The main difference is two turbochargers - which translates to 80 more hp, stock and potential for much more. The 240 is a nice car but not competetive with most things that will challenge you at a light.

#6 ·
NO!!!, ahhh, don't forget about the 240SX, thats like a SIN!! Aiight check this. I have a 240SX with a SR20DET engine swap (thats a JDM engine) its not expensive to do the swap either. Due to the high gas prices, look at the 240SX (silvia). Heres what i think u should do. Buy a real fuct up one with like 111k miles for like under $7500. Swap the KA24DE engine fo the SR20DET. You get the Garret turbo and Nissans intercooler. it does 220hp to the wheels. un like the N/A ZX which does like 190hp to the wheels. I think a stock TT does 260 to the horse, but its hard to find a TT with low miles, unless you want to spend 24k. but anywho look at the Z's closley cuz id trade my 240 for a TT anyday, but also look at the 240...

#7 ·
A stock N/A gets 190hp? I always thought it had about 220 stock..hmm. Well i could be mistaken. Anyways How much did the engine swap cost including the engine? So basically I should probley go with the 300zx TT. Hey does anyone know how the gas milege is for each of the cars stock? With these gas prices the way they are and rising I don't really want to spend the money that I would have for getting nice ground effects on gas. thanks for your help guys

#8 ·
The 90 - 95 300ZX NA stock HP is 222 at the flywheel. It nets out to about 190 hp at the wheels. The NA will be more reliable than the TT and cheaper to drive and maintain. With about $3000 US you can mod the NA up to about 300hp at the flywheel. Search this forum's archive using the words "upgrade path" for a ton of posts on the topic.

Both the NA and TT handle like slot cars stock but with the addition of another $700 or so for sway bars, strut braces, and tension rods apparently they are like on rails. So if you are into more than just straight line racing the NA Z will be a mighty fine ride. BUT the TT is the car of choice for all out FAST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.