ZCar Forum banner

Z31 NA2T - Going Forward

931 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bonfire79 
#1 ·
Well, the time has come. The NA2T conversion on my 87 2+2 n/a Zed is finally happening. Just received my turbo-back to muffler exhaust system from Certified Muffler (Thanks Dave!) and I just dropped all of my parts and everything to my mechanic (Ahmed from Lebanon) and things are getting exciting.
I've waited a long time and after doing all the research, asking questions, going through the write-ups, rebuilding an oil-burning engine, and conjuring up parts from a turbo car, its time to put a little more Zing in the Z.

last year I pulled all the required parts from a 1984 JDM 200ZG VG20ET (RHD) and walked away for just 800 Emirati Dirhams (around 200 bucks in U.S. Dollars) which probably would have cost me a grand back in the States. I even got a rear spoiler to boot.

I hooked up the Turbo ECU as a test just to see if my car would start and it fired right up. Didn't idle very well but it worked.

The turbo is not a T3, but a TB250 (according the xenonzcar, that is the one Nissan used.) I can't really tell the difference. seems to be in good condition. clean and no shaft play or bent blades.

Won't be doing an intercooler on this just yet as it is meant to be a stock setup and I am not planning on running any more boost than what the TB250 provides. I am guessing its the same as the T3, around 7 psi. which is okay with me. 9:1 compression with a little boost should compliment each other nicely and provide some decent pick up speed. again, running stock. not looking for gobs of power. Just hoping to run the engine safely without detonating. They don't use the lower octane ratings over here, so we will see how that impacts the performance of the engine.

I will post some photos as the build starts and progresses along. Many thanks to those here who helped with my questions and gave me their advice on this project.

Cheers,

Bonny - From Abu Dhabi

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.