ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transmission drain plug 2

598 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  phxz31 
#1 ·
OK, It's not a 10 mm hex, it's a 1/2 inch driver. I put the driver in and it fits perfectly so I'm thinking this is a piece of cake....not so! The plug will not move-I mean this thing is stuck. I ended up going to meineke to have them (at least) break the turn so I could take it home and knock out this seemingly small project. They were unable to get it off with air tools. There are no abrasions or dings or any indications that the tranny may have bottomed out and caused the plug to stick. Between this and the door panels not fitting yesterday; **** I could have gone to work today. Thanks for letting me whine guys.

#2 ·
Put a half inch driver on it, buy or borrow a pipe from a scrap metalers 3meters long and wide enough to fit over your half inch driver. Should be able to open it with leverage. Or even apply a torch to the metal plug. I remember a lesson I learnt as a child on how to open up jar lids. By placing the jar in hot water the metal expanded and the lid popped off. Everyone knows metal molecules expands with heat but applying it to something is better than talking about it.

My old Honda CRX had the same problem the 5speed transmission. The mechanic had to lift the car on a hoist and use a huge bar to undo the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.