ZCar Forum banner

Where in the FSM?

807 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Greaser2 
#1 ·
I'm looking for the wiring diagram and the section for the fuel injector blower in FSM. Can anyone tell me year and section of the FSM is in. I looked but can't find.

#3 ·
if you would really like answers that would help you and avoid flames give the following info when you post: year of car, n/a or turbo engine, stick or slushbox, digital or analog dash. Most of us can tell by the year what model you have ie 85T is a turbo z31. Z cars come in many flavors and they are all different. example 84,85,86 Z31's pretty comparable. there were changes in 87,88,89. in addition 300ZX can refer to two completly different cars the Z31 and the Z32. No mindreaders here the more info you can post the more likely you get a cogent useful answer. The cars with L engine (straight six) changed almost yearly from their introduction. A 240Z and and a 280Z have similarities but they can also have wide variance.

#9 ·
The ZX injector fan has a control module (timer) that controls it's operation thusly: IF the engine coolant is above a certain temperature when the engine is shut down (as measured by a separate thermotime switch in the t-stat housing) THEN the control module turns on the blower to run for approximately 15 minutes.

#10 ·
Yes, I need a timer and temp switch and maybe another relay. Timer and relay is not a problem. The temp switch is a problem as I just can't install it in the typical housing. Maybe I can also install a 280zx temp housing but not sure it will even bolt up and what the impact it is to the temp sender and Thermotime. I could add a simple toggle switch in place of the temp switch. So, more research ahead.

#11 ·
They're both L-series block and head - the t-tsat housing from one will fit the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.