ZCar Forum banner

A few general questions

728 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Strkd_280Z 
#1 ·
Hey, I'm close to buying my first 240z but still have some questions. Sadly, my post count doesn't allow me to post pictures that would help clarifying my questions :|

Is the chrome strip that some 240s have along the sides removable?

Is white trim on the rear (around the taillights) stock or painted?

A potential purchase has velocity stacks on the carbs, is that a good or a bad thing?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum and the world of Z cars! Be sure to read the "Message to newbies" sticky thread: http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/294664-message-newbies.html

Is the chrome strip that some 240s have along the sides removable? Well of course everything is removable. It just depends on the mounting technique used and whether you want to deal with the aftermath. If it's tape/glue, your problem will be getting the residual gunk off. If it's clips, you're going to have holes in the body. In both cases the paint underneath will likely not match the rest of the paint because it was hidden from the sun.

Is white trim on the rear (around the taillights) stock or painted? That trim around the taillights was a chrome strip on black plastic so I think if yours is white, it's been painted.

A potential purchase has velocity stacks on the carbs, is that a good or a bad thing? That really depends on the carbs. Sounds like you may not have stock carbs.

#3 ·
Thanks for your answer.

I don't mean the chrome strip around the taillights, but the whole panel (where the license plate is mounted on). Usually it's black, but the 240Z I might be buying has a white panel and I was curious if this is stock.
What a pity that I can't link a picture due to post count, but I hope you know what I mean.

#4 ·
Thanks for your answer.

I don't mean the chrome strip around the taillights, but the whole panel (where the license plate is mounted on). Usually it's black, but the 240Z I might be buying has a white panel and I was curious if this is stock.
What a pity that I can't link a picture due to post count, but I hope you know what I mean.

Pretty sure they are all black stock.

#5 ·
No, from the factory they would have been a metallic gray - at least here in the US. I don't imagine it would be different for the European models but I don't know. The factory "filler" panel between the two taillight panels was metal and allowed for license plate attachment to the body behind it.

For most countries there was a license plate light above the panel but on the Swiss 240Z we have in the shop the lights are mounted to the bumper. They apparently didn't allow the illumination above the plate - lighting had to come from below.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.