A/C Compressor MJ167 or SWP123 - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
A/C Compressor MJ167 or SWP123

My 76 had the SWP123 compressor in it which I mostly rebuilt.The problem is that the front seal is blown and I'm having a hard time finding someone who has one. Polar Bear has one for special order, but they can't tell me a lead time. I've hear that the MJ167 is a better unit, it was supposed to be on a 76, and I can get one from Autozone for less than the rarer SWP123. Does it mount up the same and I just screw my high side fitting on? I rebuilt my hoses with retrofit crimp ferules, had a local hose shop crimp them, put on a new drier, blew out the lines with nitrogen, pulled a vacuum, and all was fine until I started putting freon in and the oil squirted out the front. Funny how shops can rebuild the SWP123, but nobody knows where to get a front seal kit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page