ZCar Forum banner

Replaced my good gold carpet

820 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  black gold man 
#1 ·
Im in the finishing stretch on my black 280ZX. The carpet is in pretty good shape. The rear deck was fairly new. But I decided that if I went thru all that trouble, I might as well go new everything and this also gives me the chance to go a bit lighter on the shade.

I replaced this...

with this....

The rest of the carpet was original and really better quality than the replacement. So rather than stick it up in the attic, I'm going to sell it for less than half of the replacement. $130... It's not new but you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference. This is a good replacement for ratty carpet at half the cost. Gold carpet came with black, copper, gold, and some white interiors.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks REALLY good! The only downside to the replacement carpet is you lose the original strap "buttonholes" that're sewn into the carpet. On the positive side, the new stuff's considerably thicker and tends to dampen some of the road noise, which is nice.

I'm facing a similar dilemma with the new '81, which has the original carpet. It's in great shape, but there's a one-inch area where the pile's worn away. I nabbed the one year-old replacement carpet from the totaled '79, but I'll probably keep the OEM carpet just in case.

#3 ·
Hmmm....I wonder if we could find someone who could stitch this in.

#4 ·
BGM...you interested in the gold trunk emblem. Not prime some peeling.

#7 ·
BGM the carpet is yours. Just as soon as I empty the box I'll repack it. You want to felt insulation too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.